Position Title: Intern
Reports To: Executive Director & Resource Development Director
Status: Part-time; Intern
Preferred Major(s): Open to any major with relevant work experience or knowledge
This position will work on a variety of tasks that support the daily operation of the United Way of Central Arkansas, including but not limited to the following:
Administrative Support: Research; project management; data entry; clerical duties; assist in maintaining inventory; schedule meetings and attend when possible; prepare materials for meetings; assist in daily office duties; prepare reports
Resource Development Support: Manage UWCA’s social media such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube; assist in grant writing; special event coordination; provide fundraising support; track trends in giving; maintain donor data; assist in managing giving societies
Marketing Support: Create marketing materials using Publisher; create e-newsletters and other email marketing using Constant Contact; website maintenance; design materials for special events such as invitations, ads, press releases, awards, etc.
Program Support: Coordinate volunteers; manage the Volunteer of the Month/Year Program; manage community resource directory; assist with any human service initiative(s) undertaken by United Way of Central Arkansas; assist in the allocation process; assist in tracking various UWCA programs
Other: Perform other related work as required.
Software and Equipment Used:
Computer, Social Media, Photocopy machine, Telephone system with multiple lines; Microsoft Office (Microsoft: Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, PowerPoint, Outlook), Adobe InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, Donation Tracker, Calculator
This position is open to any student who has reached the classification of Junior or above.
Mental and Physical Abilities:
• Ability to meet attendance requirements
• Ability to read, write and communicate the English language
• Ability to keypunch and type information into the computer
• Ability to sort and file documents alphabetically and numerically
• Ability to operate various general office equipment
• Ability to work well under pressure of deadlines
• Ability to follow instructions and work independently with limited supervision
• Ability to effectively multi-task without becoming frustrated or disorganized
• Duties are usually performed seated. Sitting may be relieved by brief or occasional periods of standing or walking.
• Limited amounts of physical effort required associated with walking, standing, lifting and carrying light objects (less than or equal to 25 lbs.) 5 to 10% of work time.
• Will create “Testimony Tuesday” stories on our social media pages and oversee for the whole internship.
• Update the Resource Guide and Website as needed.
• Write monthly newsletter with oversite and some guidance from directors.
• Write press releases for appropriate events and projects.
• Update and manage Charity Tracker.
• Organize closets, storage unit, cabinets and bathroom.
• Clean office, bathroom, storage unit, closets, coffee cart.
• Take out trash on a weekly basis.
• Ability to help with all events during the semester, even after “regular hours”
• Intern group will run and manage two restaurant fundraiser’s of their choice.
Work is performed in a normal office environment where there are little or no physical discomforts associated with changes in weather or discomforts associated with noise, dust, dirt, etc.
ALL EMPLOYEES RECOGNIZE THE UNITED WAY OF CENTRAL ARKANSAS AS A NONPROFIT ORGANIZATION AND THAT THE STANDARD OF BEHAVIOR IS ALWAYS TO AVOID ANY CONFLICT OF INTEREST BETWEEN THE INTEREST OF THE ORGANIZATION AND PERSONAL, PROFESSIONAL AND BUSINESS INTERESTS.
Statement of Purpose:
The purpose of a job description is to outline the essential functions of a particular job. Job descriptions are used to recruit, train and evaluate staff.
Your signature below indicates that you have read and understand the job description and agree to perform the duties as assigned.
Things to Know:
Most of downtown is made of 2-hour parking so please keep that in mind. Tickets for overtime parking is $5. Parking the opposite way of traffic is $200.
Dress Code: Business Casual unless told differently.